Liberty Firearms long range Shooting $500
This is a two-day course designed for the new to the novice marksman, but it is highly encouraged and recommended for those who have had little or even no formal training in long range shooting. This fast-paced course will begin with firearms safety and rapidly transition into equipment comprehension, fundamentals of marksmanship, basic internal and external ballistics, wind reading, range estimation, moving targets and target engagements to 1000 yards.
Students that complete the course will have a basic proficiency in firearm safety, marksmanship fundamentals.
During the duration of this course, we will cover:
- Equipment selection and care
- Building your position, fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, sight picture and sight alignment and recoil management
- Introduction to wind reading
- Range estimation techniques
- Understanding MOA and milliradian adjustments
- Introduction to internal and external ballistics
- DOPE gathering out to 1000 yards
- Engagement of moving targets
WHAT TO BRING:
Rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy, Match ammunition (minimum 100-125 rounds per day), Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle Bipod Sling, Rear Bag, Cleaning kit, Pen, pencil, highlighter, Rifle data book or notebook, Calculator, Eye and ear protection, Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long-sleeved shirt recommended), Durable footwear, Water, Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day, Backpack Shooting Mat (if desired), Sunscreen/bug repellent.
Note: This is a fast-paced course, and we will not have time to stop and make repairs to your rifle. Before taking this class, please ensure that all your mounting screws and bolts are tight and secure.
If you have any questions about your rifle, furniture or equipment needed, please contact us before you attend this class.